Wheeeee, birthdays. The only day of the year that my frail sense of mortality is actively celebrated!
So in case no one noticed (or you didn't care and I'm fORCING YOU TO READ THIS BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO CARE ABOUT ME *GROSS SOBBING*) I'm officially sixteen years old. If I wanted to, I could now:
- drive a car
- get a job
- sell my soul to a crossroads demon
- successfully acquire a block of smoked gouda cheese from a supermarket without feeling judged
- probably buy a horse
- probably sell a horse
- learn to speak cat
- feel important without any real basis on which to rate my self-image, but feel justified in the sense that I've at least somewhat improved
- finally realize that I've wasted too much time on not appreciating the little things
- learn to appreciate the little things
- spend more time with family
- learn how to balance my (in)active lifestyle
- spend as much time with my friends both short/long-distance as I can
- or just do nothing different!
and I think I'm gonna do the last one, because it's easiest.
These last couple years have been hectic, honestly, but I think I'm doing a hell of a lot better than before. (Disclaimer:
I am still not as nice/generous/understanding as I should be.) And hopefully this year of my life will have some interesting surprises for me.
Or boring surprises.
I dunno, I like surprises.
Aaaaaaaanyways, since I don't feel any older, I'm going to subsequently fail to act any differently than I did at 11:59 PM yesterday. Cool how that works.
Yay! NOW BACK TO FANFICTION